Jul 18 , 2020
Latest Blog from 4aKid
How to Make Floam Slime
NOTE: You will need to repeat this recipe for each color of floam you decide to make.
1. Get a bowl to mix your slime ingredients in.
2. Empty one bottle of Elmer’s glitter glue into your bowl.
3. Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to your bowl and mix thoroughly.
4. Now add in your contact lens solution. Add in 1/2 tablespoon to start and then another 1/2 tablespoon. Mix well. We like to add in the last tablespoon only a teaspoon at a time. If you add in too much contact lens solution your slime will become too hard.
Once you add in the second 1/2 tablespoon take your slime out and start kneading it. It will be very sticky at this point and that is normal. Keep kneading for about 5-10 minutes. If it is still too sticky add the final tablespoon of contact lens solution by adding it one teaspoon at a time.
If you find it still too sticky after kneading, add some lotion or baby oil to your hands. You can also add a little into the slime too. Your slime won’t be as stretchy without water in this recipe but that’s exactly what you want to make the floam. Once you add the foam beads it will be more of a crunchy slime than the traditional stretchy slime.
5. Now for the fun part! Time to add your foam beads to your slime. Mix in your foam beads slowly. These little beads can easily fly out of the bowl and roll away so that is why we suggest mixing slowly. If you do end up getting them everywhere use your slime to pick them up by pressing your slime on top of them.
Once you have mixed your beads in the bowl you can take it out and add a little bit more. Pour some in the middle of your slime and then fold the slime over your beads. Keep kneading to mix the beads into your slime. We added a lot of foam beads into our slime to make it more like traditional store-bought floam. You can add less and it will be more like regular slime but just a little crunchy.
For Pink – add pink + white foam beads
For Purple – add purple + white foam beads
For Blue – add blue + white foam beads
Now repeat this floam slime recipe for each color to make your Unicorn floam. We made pink, purple and blue and then mixed them together. If you keep mixing all of the colors they will turn a purple color just like when traditional floam is mixed.
View the full instructions and video here >>> https://www.thebestideasforkids.com/floam-slime/