Jul 10 , 2020
Latest Blog from 4aKid
Could there really be a new potato sensation just around the corner? Surely after the French fry, potato chip, potato skins, twice-baked potato, potato pancake, hash browns and tater tots, we have seen and tasted everything that can be done to a potato, right? Wrong! Turns out the spud has one more trick up its sleeve. Get ready to fall in love all over again.
You'll Need (for 4-5 servings):
- 17.5 oz boiled potatoes
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- oil* (for frying)
1. Mash the potatoes with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix in all the remaining ingredients from parmesan to pepper.
3. Mix vigorously until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
4. Spoon the potato purée into a piping bag.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan (c. 1.5 inches) and pipe the potato purée into the oil in a large spiral shape.
6. As soon as the spiral has turned a golden brown you can remove it from the oil with a strainer ladle.
7. The potato mixture should make 4 or 5 giant curly fries, depending on how big you make them.
8. Choose your favorite condiment (e.g. ketchup, aioli, ranch dressing) for dipping and go for it!