May 15 , 2021
Latest Blog from 4aKid
The best combo for those that love cheese and Marmite!
P.s. Bovril can be used in place of Marmite for a milder taste (remember it’s non-vegetarian)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20- 25 minutes
- 25 ml Marmite
- 200 g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100 g butter
- 150 ml milk
- 3 cups flour (I used a mix of gluten free flours)
- 20 ml Baking Powder
- 3 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Melt butter and Marmite together
3. Sift together dry ingredients and add the cheese
4. Wait for the Marmite/butter mixture to cool down and add the eggs and milk – stir well
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients 1/3 at a time and stir until just mixed. Do not over mix!
6. Spoon into greased muffin tin
7. Add extra Marmite and cheese on top, sprinkle with a touch of the herb mix
Bake for 25- 30 minutes and enjoy!