Apr 12 , 2021
Latest Blog from 4aKid
Rice Krispies Treat Cupcakes are the ideal treat for all those Rice Krispie fans out there.
Honey Nutella Rice Krispies Nest
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Nutella…
- 4 cup Rice Krispies
- Mini Vanilla Cupcake
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 tablespoons colour sprinkle
- To prepare Rice Krispies nest, microwave honey and Nutella together for 30 seconds in a medium-size bowl.
- Stir to make sure they are thoroughly combined. If not, continue to microwave for 10 seconds at a time and stir until they are.
- Mix Rice Krispies into the bowl and stir, coasting all of the Krispies.
- Press it into a well-greased standard-sized muffin tin, making sure that it goes up the sides of each depression. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- To prepare mini muffin, preheat over to 375F. Grease mini muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter on medium-high speed, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until well combined and fluffy. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add the egg until just blended.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk and vanilla extract, mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Transfer muffin tin to oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer muffin tin to a wire rack and let cupcakes cool completely.
- Remove muffin liners if using them, and place one mini cupcake in each Rice Krispies nest. If the mini cupcake is taller than the nest, gently press on the top of the cupcake to flatten it a bit. Remove the whole nest from the tin.
- To finish with the topping, microwave Nutella for 8 to 10 seconds for easy spreading. Gently smear about one tablespoon of Nutella on top of treat.
- Top with color sprinkle to garnish.