May 11 , 2020
There has been much debate around whether or not live-out childminders can go back to work. It is our understanding that they can, and the general consensus is that this is in fact allowed (See the regulations here). We are keeping on top of this and will update our clients if anything changes and we do caution that anything can change at any moment. We do recommend that wherever possible, you have your childminder live-in, even if it is just temporarily. If you are going to have your childminder live-out, please see below what the employer will need to provide the childminder to allow them to travel to work.
Workers performing an essential or permitted service must be able to provide written confirmation of their employment and proof of I.D, if they are requested to by law enforcement.
- Download and print page 29 for Form 2 in Annexure A: Permit to Perform an Essential or Permitted Service here: Employers to give their childminders this signed document confirming their personal details, their address, and contact information, as well as that of the employee.
- Give an employee a copy of their work contract, to keep as proof of their position. Make sure it includes their list of duties, as well as their job title.
- Give them a copy of your ID, and ensure they always carry their original ID with them.
- We would also recommend that if you are an L4 worker, that you to give your childminder a copy of you L4 work permit as an extra precaution.
- Rather provide too much, than too little!
About Au Pair Extraordinair
At Au Pair Extraordinaire we pride ourselves on our commitment to providing exceptional childcare and education placement service and peace of mind to both the families and candidates who put their confidence in us through our expertise and knowledge of children and the industry.
We were founded in 2007, and evolved from a small that was niched to placing Au Pairs, to becoming leaders in the industry across a wide range of childcare and education placements, including Teachers, Homeschool Teachers, Tutors, Nannies, Night Nurses, Facilitators, Maternity Nurses and of course- Au Pairs.
Au Pair Extraordinaire was founded on the principle of trust and integrity, we understand the importance of finding a candidate who is the right fit for a family, and strive to set benchmarks in the industry on screening and matching procedures.
We achieve this applying a rigorous filtering methodology that not only enables us to separate the diamonds from the rough, but it also helps us understand the personalities, strengths, beliefs, and talents of each one, so we know which family puzzle they are the missing piece of.
We serve to operate with the utmost integrity, and guide our practice on international business ethics and codes of conduct. We adopt a holistic top-down approach- placing emphasis on the specific needs and uniqueness of each family as a complete unit to ensure the perfect fit between family, child and candidate.