9 safety tips for a safe festive season
- December 08, 2019
- Ally Cohen
* Ensure that your vehicle is in a good condition when you plan to go on a journey.
* Always lock your vehicle’s doors and keep the windows closed. Do not leave your vehicle unlocked, even if you think you will be away for only a minute.
* If a stranger wants to talk to you while in your vehicle, do not open the window wide - only 5cm is enough to have a discussion. If something seems suspicious, do not talk to strangers. Rather be rude and drive away.
* Limit your trips at night or at least take someone along with you. Vary the route you travel to work and back, if this is possible.
* If strangers loiter near or at your driveway, rather drive past. If they loiter for a long time, report it to your nearest police station.
* Avoid parking your motor vehicle where there are no security officers guarding other cars. Do not leave your firearm in the motor vehicles glove compartment (cubbyhole) or anywhere in the vehicle when you park the vehicle (this is against the law).
* Make sure that all the doors and windows are properly locked when you park your car. Valuable items like a laptop and camera should be put in the boot of your car.
* Be aware of people coming to you and informing you that you have a flat tyre - the intention can be to steal items that they see inside the car or take your car. Practise the same prevention skills you apply in parking lots or garages at home.
* Become familiar with your route before you start the trip. Do not leave your goods or valuable items visible in the car. Do not leave your keys in the ignition.
* Parking lots with a parking attendant or supervision or someone patrolling are best, otherwise try to park in locations that are well lit and/or well populated and not crowded by bushes or buildings where offenders might hide.
These Baby Sleeping Tents include a soft cotton-padded mattress, pillow as well as an attached mosquito net. Baby sleeping tents are ideal to place in the centre of your bed (while supervised), inside the cot or even outdoors while at the beach or in the park! This self-expanding tent pops open instantly and can be [...]
When trying to get pregnant naturally, the most important factor is to understand the menstrual cycle and the timing of ovulation, which leads to the optimum chances of getting impregnated. Here is a guideline determining signs of ovulation.
Pick the Gender of Your Baby is an extraordinary ebook written by an extraordinary author. Her passion is to help anyone looking to have the family of their dreams. The ebook is well written and is easy to understand. It’s like you’re inviting Ashley into your home and have her explain how to conceive the baby gender of your choice!
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) South Africa wants to encourage consumers to reduce the amount of waste usually associated with the holidays.
Breastfeed your newborn without pain within minutes. Give yourself and your baby the best healthy start with our set of Breastfeeding help videos. Expert advice from internationally renowned lactation expert and nurse Kate Hale.