Dec 13 , 2016
Are you looking for quick, easy and filling snacks for your kids to munch on while they do their homework? These apple cookies take mere seconds to make and are a great source of brain-building energy.
2 Min Apple Snack
- Apple – cut into thick slices. Cut out the centre. Apples are a great source of fibre, Vitamins A, C and potassium. And they are sweet!
- Peanut butter (or your nut-free equivalent, even cream cheese works). A source of fat is essential for growing bodies to digest the vitamins they eat! Protein for long-term energy.
- Coconut and Raisins. These are a fun treat to sprinkle on top.
Cut the centre out of the slices, layer with peanut butter and add toppings. You can either sandwich the slices together or eat them “as a cookie”.
Other things you can make sandwiches with:
- Cinnamon – just sprinkle it over the peanut butter
- Dark Chocolate Chips – tasty! Full of antioxidants.
- Flax Seed – another ingredient that is fun to sprinkle. It’s got Omega 3’s