Dec 13 , 2016
This recipe combines these delicious bananas with another fave...cheesecake!!! The hot bananas over the cold cheesecake pair perfectly and some homemade whipped cream definitely doesn't hurt either! Trust me! Bananas Foster Cheesecake Squares make the perfect dessert for any occasion!
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups Marie Biscuit crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 yolks, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Combine the Marie Biscuits, sugar, as well as melted butter.
- Press into 9-inch spring-form pan onto bottom of the pan and about 1-inch up the sides.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Change the oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
- Beat the cream cheese as well as the sugar in mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and add the eggs and egg yolks, 2 at a time, mixing well.
- Scrape down the bowl and beater, as necessary.
- On low, add the sour cream, zest, and vanilla.
- Mix well and pour onto your crust that has cooled.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 110 degrees Celcius and bake for another 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and then open the door wide. The cake will not be completely set in the centre.
Allow the cake to sit in the oven with the door open for 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and let sit at room temp for 2 to 3 hours or until it is completely cooled.
- Wrap well and chill overnight.
- Remove the cake from the springform pan by running a hot knife around the outside of the cake.
- Leave the cake on the bottom of the springform pan for serving.
Bananas Foster Topping:
- 4-5 bananas
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add sugar as well as whisk in until smooth. Slice bananas on a diagonal and add to skillet. Stir gently to coat. Pour onto the cold cheesecake and serve up! Yum! In addition, add some whipped cream, too, if desired.