Dec 13 , 2016
This fridge bar one cheesecake is on the list of South Africa’s most loved chocolate bars and bursting with caramel, nougat and cocoa goodness.
- 1 x 250g packet Tennis Biscuits, crushed
- 100g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese
- 300g sour cream
- 175g (¾ cup) castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large Bar Ones, cut into pieces
- 125ml (½ cup) cream
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Whizz or process the biscuits until crumbs form. Add the melted butter and process until combined.
- Press the crumbs into the base of a 22cm springform tin. Refrigerate.
- Blend the cream cheese, sour cream and castor sugar. Beat in the eggs.
- Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base. Place on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour. Cool slightly in the oven.
- For the Bar One topping, melt the chocolate and cream in the top of a double boiler (don’t try to do this without a double boiler or the chocolate will burn). Stir well until smooth. When smooth, spread carefully over the cheesecake. Refrigerate for a day before serving.