Dec 13 , 2016
Delicious brownie ice cream sandwiches topped with sprinkles that can be ready and waiting in the freezer.
- 1 box (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix - Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1-pint vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- Assorted sprinkles and miniature chocolate chips, as desired
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing some to hang over edges of the pan. Grease bottom and sides of foil with shortening or cooking spray. Make and bake brownies as directed on box. Cool completely on a cooling rack, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Place pan of brownies in freezer 30 minutes. Using foil to lift, remove brownies from pan, and peel foil away. Cut brownies into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- For each sandwich, spoon 2 tablespoons ice cream on the bottom of 1 brownie square. Top with second brownie square, bottom side down; gently press together. Roll sides in sprinkles; place in a shallow pan. Freeze 1 to 2 hours or until ice cream is firm.
- Wrap each frozen sandwich in plastic wrap. Store in freezer.