Dec 13 , 2016
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake – your guests will be begging for more!
Creamy Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup shortening
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 drops white food colouring
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Beat butter and shortening, add sugar, vanilla, colouring and cream and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place in a piping bag with a round tip. I used a 2A tip, it allowed just the right amount of frosting to come out without it piling up too high.
- Place cake in the fridge overnight so the cookies soften with the frosting to make it easier to cut.