Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
- December 27, 2018
- Ally Cohen
For all those that love peppermint and cheesecake, why not try this delicious combo!
For all those that love peppermint and cheesecake, why not try this combo!
YIELDS: 8 – 10
PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 5 HOURS 30 MINS
- 3 8-oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. chopped chocolate, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. chopped white chocolate, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. chopped candy canes, plus more for garnish
- 24 Peppermint Oreos
- 5 tbsp. melted butter
- 3/4 c. hot heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º and spray a 9″ springform pan with cooking spray. Make the filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, sour cream, flour, peppermint extract, vanilla, and salt. Gently fold in chopped chocolates and candy canes and set aside.
- Make the crust: In a food processor fitted with a metal blade or in a large Ziploc bag, crush Oreos into fine crumbs. Stir with melted butter until completely moist.
- Add crust to prepared pan and pack tightly.
- Pour over filling and place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until centre is only slightly jiggly, about 1 hour. (If you want to use a water bath to ensure no cracking, wrap springform pan in foil and place springform pan in a deep-sided roasting pan. Pour boiling water into roasting pan until it reaches halfway up the springform pan.)
- Turn off oven and let cheesecake cool in oven 1 hour (this step is optional but prevents cracking).
- Refrigerate cheesecake until completely chilled, at least 4 hours but preferably overnight
- Before serving, make chocolate ganache: Pour hot cream over chocolate chips and let sit, 5 minutes. Stir until all chocolate is melted. (If ganache seems too thin, refrigerate 5 minutes.)
- Spread ganache over chilled cheesecake and garnish with more chopped chocolate and candy canes.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes before serving to let ganache harden.
These Baby Sleeping Tents include a soft cotton-padded mattress, pillow as well as an attached mosquito net. Baby sleeping tents are ideal to place in the centre of your bed (while supervised), inside the cot or even outdoors while at the beach or in the park! This self-expanding tent pops open instantly and can be [...]
When trying to get pregnant naturally, the most important factor is to understand the menstrual cycle and the timing of ovulation, which leads to the optimum chances of getting impregnated. Here is a guideline determining signs of ovulation.
Pick the Gender of Your Baby is an extraordinary ebook written by an extraordinary author. Her passion is to help anyone looking to have the family of their dreams. The ebook is well written and is easy to understand. It’s like you’re inviting Ashley into your home and have her explain how to conceive the baby gender of your choice!
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) South Africa wants to encourage consumers to reduce the amount of waste usually associated with the holidays.