Apr 29 , 2018
These addictive cinnamon toast bites have a crispy, cinnamon-y, sugary coating that ensures no one can eat just one!
YIELD: 16 servings
ACTIVE TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 pound challah bread, cut into 1×1″ cubes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange bread in a single layer on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake, tossing halfway through, until completely dried out, 18–20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in sugar and 1/2 cup water and cook until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Transfer syrup to a large bowl, add bread and toss quickly until coated. Using a slotted spoon, return cubes to baking sheet; discard the remaining syrup. Bake bread, tossing halfway through, until sugar is slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes more. Let cool slightly.
- Bites can be made 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.