Classic New York Cheesecake
- November 05, 2019
- Ally Cohen
New York style cheesecake is decadently rich in taste, but fluffy in texture. It is also distinguished by a generous amount of sour cream used in the recipe.
Makes 1 9-inch cheesecake.
Directions for: Classic New York Cheesecake
Crust1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing the pan
Cheesecake4 pkg 250 gram packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
1 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
3 large whole eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 ½ cup sour cream (not low-fat), divided
2 tsp lemon juice
Crust1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. For the crust, stir the graham crumbs, sugar and melted butter until evenly combined and press this into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
3. Bake this for 10 minutes, then cool. Brush the sides of the pan with a little melted butter.
Cheesecake1. For the cheesecake, increase the oven temperature to 400ºF.
2. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the 1 ¼ cups of sugar a little at a time, and scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl often.
3. Beat in the cornstarch, vanilla and lemon zest.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, on a lower speed, and scraping after each addition, then beat in the yolk.
5. Still on low speed, beat in ¾ cup of sour cream. Scrape this over the cooled crust.
6. Bake the cheesecake for 10 minutes at 400ºF and then reduce the oven temperature to 225ºF and bake for 25 more minutes. Turn off the oven, and leave the cheesecake in for an hour, cracking the oven door after 30 minutes. While the cheesecake is baking, prepare the sour cream layer.
7. Stir the remaining ¾ cup of sour cream with the remaining 2 Tbsp of sugar and the lemon juice. Spread this over the top of the cheesecake as soon as it has come out of the oven.
8. Allow the cheesecake to cool completely to room temperature, then carefully run a spatula around the outside of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan, then chill the cheesecake for at least 6 hours before slicing and serving. The cheesecake will keep, refrigerated, for up to 4 days.
Read more at http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/classic-new-york-cheesecake/12530/#GFUKOjbF7vRwWkDH.99
These Baby Sleeping Tents include a soft cotton-padded mattress, pillow as well as an attached mosquito net. Baby sleeping tents are ideal to place in the centre of your bed (while supervised), inside the cot or even outdoors while at the beach or in the park! This self-expanding tent pops open instantly and can be [...]
When trying to get pregnant naturally, the most important factor is to understand the menstrual cycle and the timing of ovulation, which leads to the optimum chances of getting impregnated. Here is a guideline determining signs of ovulation.
Pick the Gender of Your Baby is an extraordinary ebook written by an extraordinary author. Her passion is to help anyone looking to have the family of their dreams. The ebook is well written and is easy to understand. It’s like you’re inviting Ashley into your home and have her explain how to conceive the baby gender of your choice!
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) South Africa wants to encourage consumers to reduce the amount of waste usually associated with the holidays.
Breastfeed your newborn without pain within minutes. Give yourself and your baby the best healthy start with our set of Breastfeeding help videos. Expert advice from internationally renowned lactation expert and nurse Kate Hale.