Dec 13 , 2016
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 25 regular-sized marshmallows
- 12 oz milk chocolate morsels
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 5 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 11 oz butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup peanut butter morsels
- In a large mixing bowl, add marshmallows, milk chocolate morsels and baking chocolate. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring to a boil the sugar, cream and butter (over medium-high heat). Once boiling, continue to boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Pour hot mixture over marshmallows and chocolate. Using an electric mixer, beat until chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Melt butterscotch and peanut butter morsels together in microwave bowl for one minute. Stir and heat at 30-second intervals until fully melted.
- In a large bowl, combine rice cereal, melted butterscotch and about 1/3 of the chocolate mixture. Mix completely.
- In a parchment paper lined 13x9 baking dish, pour 1/3 of chocolate mixture onto the bottom, spreading with a knife until the bottom of the dish is covered. Top with cereal mixture. Press firmly. Pour remaining 1/3 of chocolate mixture over cereal, spreading with a knife. Allow to set up in the refrigerator, about 1-2 hours. Remove and cut into bite-sized pieces. ENJOY!