Dec 13 , 2016
This Honey Orange Chicken Recipe juicy, moist, and absolutely delightful chicken steeped in an addictive honey-orange sauce. Serve the chicken with steamed rice and you will have an utterly scrumptious and satisfying home-cooked meal. Enjoy!
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 10 Mins
- 20 oz (5) chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Asian cooking wine (sake or Chinese rice wine), optional
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnishing
- White sesame seeds, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons honey or more to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons bottled garlic chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Debone the chicken thighs, keep the skin on. Add the cooking wine and soy sauce to the chicken, stir to combine well.
- Add all the ingredients in the Sauce, whisk to combine well. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet, pan-fry the chicken with the skin side down. Turn over and pan-fry both sides of the chicken until browned. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Add the cooking oil to the skillet, saute the garlic until slightly brown, add the chicken back into the skillet, followed by the Sauce.
- Turn the heat to low and let cook until the sauce reduces a bit. Top the chicken with parsley and sesame. Serve immediately.