Dec 13 , 2016
This super fun and super easy Krispie Treat Christmas Trees make for the perfect treat. Krispie treats are so tasty and make for a cute classroom, office, or holiday party treat.
- 6 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Green Food Coloring
- 12 Miniature Reese’s Cups
- 1/3 cup M&M Minis
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 Candy Stars
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Corn Syrup
- To help in forming the cone shape, I took the foam that comes in a waffle cone pack to protect the cones and cut it to make a form to help shape the trees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium to a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add enough food colouring to make mixture dark green (it will lighten when cereal is added).
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Allow setting about 4 minutes.
- Butter your hands and form mixture into cone shapes.
- Place cones onto prepared pan.
- Allow to cool and firm up for several hours.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and corn syrup in a bowl until smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag or zippered bag to pipe onto cookies.
- Pipe like a garland around each tree.
- Space M&M minis like ornaments onto the garland.
- Pipe a dab of icing on top of the tree to act as glue and attach star.
- Place Reese’s upside down on the pan. Pipe icing on it and place tree on top.
- Allow setting before serving.