Dec 03 , 2019
1 hour to prepare serves 8
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, optional
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F, and lightly grease and flour an 8 or 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large bowl or mixer, beat sugar and eggs together until thick and ribbony, then mix in melted butter and milk.
- Mix in vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest, then gradually mix in flour until just combined.
- Fold in coconut flakes, if using. (Note: if not using coconut, only add 4 tablespoons butter.)
- Pour batter into greased pie pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until center is just set, but still slightly wobbly.
- Remove pie from oven and let cool completely, then refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once chilled, slice, serve and enjoy!