Dec 13 , 2016
Who can resist Marshmallow Caramel Krispie Brownies?
These Marshmellow Caramel Krispie Brownies are made from fluffy marshmallow, chewy caramel and crunchy Krispies all atop a bed of fudgy fudge brownies!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce (I used the jarred stuff)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 11 oz bag caramel bits (or wrapped caramels)
- 1/2 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8×8 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth. Add sugar and whisk until blended. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour until no streaks remain, then fold in hot fudge. Spread in prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, until puffy and a toothpick inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs, but no raw batter.
- Immediately upon removing brownies from oven, top evenly with mini marshmallows. Pop back in the oven for a few minutes, just until marshmallows are puffy but not browned. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels and 2 TBS water in the microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until smooth. Carefully pour over the marshmallow brownies, spreading gently to cover. Immediately sprinkle with Krispies, pressing in gently.
- Let brownies cool completely before cutting and serving.