Dec 13 , 2016
New York Cheesecake – A timeless cheesecake classic to enjoy!
- 250g plain sweet biscuits
- 125g butter, melted
- 750g cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (180g) sour cream
¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Process the biscuits until fine. Add butter, process until combined. Press the mixture over the base and sides of a 24cm springform pan. Place on an oven tray; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Beat the cream cheese, rinds and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the sour cream and juice.
- Pour the filling into the pan; bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cool for 15 minutes.
Sour cream topping
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Spread over the cheesecake. Bake the cheesecake for a further 20 minutes; cool in oven with door ajar. Refrigerate the cheesecake for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
Enjoy your New York Cheesecake