Dec 13 , 2016
Decadent and delicious no-bake chocolate oreo tart!
- 300 g (10 oz) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4/5 cup heavy cream
- 7 oz dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- about 4 or 5 chopped Oreo cookies
- chocolate chip
- To make the crust, using a food processor, blend Oreo cookies until the texture of coarse meal or crumbs. Add the melted butter and blend until well combined. Place the mixture into a 4×14 fluted rectangular tart pan (mine has a removable bottom for easy removal of the finished tart) and press onto the bottom and up the sides evenly. Freeze the crust whilst preparing the chocolate filling
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to the boil. Remove from heat, add chopped chocolate and butter, and let rest for 5 minutes. Then stir until dissolved. Pour chocolate filling over oreo crust, and decorate with some chopped oreo cookies and chocolate chips
- Chill for 2 hours at least, preferably overnight. Unmold, serve, and enjoy!