Sep 20 , 2017
For those of you that love cheesecake, as well as milo, try this No-Bake Milo Cheesecake! you will love this delectable dessert combination.
Chocolate crackle base:
- 250 g milk chocolate melts
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cup Rice Bubbles
- 300 ml thickened cream (whipped)
- 340 g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup Milo
- 4 tsp gelatine powder
- 2 tbs Milo (to sprinkle)
- Put the chocolate melts in a heatproof bowl and zap them in 40 second bursts in the microwave, stirring in between, until melted.
- In a large bowl combine the melted chocolate, coconut and Rice Bubbles. Stir until well combined.
- Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin.
- Press the chocolate Rice Bubble mixture into the base of the tin, flattening it with a spoon. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes while you make the filling.
- Put the cream cheese into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until soft and creamy. Add the caster sugar.
- Add about a tablespoon of boiled water to the Milo powder and mix it into a paste until the powder is dissolved well. Put the milk into a glass jug and heat it in the microwave for about two minutes, until nearly boiled. It just needs to be hot enough to dissolve the Milo mixture into.
- Stir the Milo mixture into the milk, whisk until it’s all combined. Now dissolve the gelatine in about a tablespoon of hot water and add that to the hot Milo mixture.
- Add the Milo mixture to the cream cheese, gradually, a little at a time. Now fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour the filling over the base and refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with Milo powder (while it’s still in the tin) remove from the tin and serve.
- You also can make the hot milo on the stove, in a saucepan and just whisk the Milo powder straight into the hot milk.
- Sprinkle the top of the cheesecake with extra Milo to serve.
- Make sure you use a springform tin for this cheesecake as it can be difficult to remove once ready.