Dec 13 , 2016
They’re a perfect treat to whip up for your weekend festivities.
Cream Cheese Topping:
8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Nutella
3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350′
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. Spray foil w/ cooking spray.
- To make the cheesecake mixture, cream the sugar and cream cheese until blended. Scrape bowl and add the egg and vanilla and beat until the topping is nice and creamy. Remove half of cream cheese mixture into another bowl. Stir in Nutella.
- To make the brownie mixture, sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a small-sized bowl. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time, beat well then add vanilla. Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat just until combined.
- Spread the brownie batter into the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish. Randomly drop spoonfuls of both cream cheese toppings over the brownie batter. Swirl with a knife, taking care to swirl only the top layer (not brownies).
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes set in the centre.
*** Very important…store in the refrigerator but serve at room temp!