Dec 13 , 2016
Kids will love these cute scrolls filled with rich Nutella spread.
- 150ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup(140g) Nutella
- 2 tablespoons thin cream (at room temperature), plus extra to brush
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease 8 holes of a large Texas muffin tin with non-stick baking spray. Heat the milk, vanilla, butter and sugar in a small saucepan over low-medium heat until lukewarm. Add the yeast and leave for 5 minutes, or until foamy on the surface.
- Place the flour in the bowl of an electric mixer and add the milk mixture and eggs. Using a dough hook, beat for 6-8 minutes or until smooth and elastic (the dough will be very sticky). Transfer dough to an oiled bowl. Cover with a clean tea-towel and leave in a warm, draught-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Knock the dough down and knead for a few seconds on a well-floured surface. The dough will be smooth, slightly sticky and very elastic. Roll out to a 35cm by 30cm rectangle. Combine the Nutella and cream together in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spread evenly over dough, almost to the edge.
- Starting at the long edge tightly roll-up. Cut into 10 pieces with a sharp flat-bladed knife. Carefully place each scroll in each muffin cup, cut-side up. Cover loosely with a clean tea-towel and leave to rest for 20 minutes, or until risen. Lightly brush with extra cream and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and cooked.