Dec 13 , 2016
An easy dessert that combines so many delicious favourites!
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 bag big marshmallows
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced into small quarters (bite sized-ish), or medallions
For the crust:
- 1 package oreo cookies, crushed (RESERVE 1 row of cookies for the topping)
- ¼ cup melted butter
INSTRUCTIONS:For the Crust:
- Mix the crushed Oreos and melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
For the filling:
- Mix the milk and egg yolks in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until ALMOST melted (you want a few lumps left and the mixture is hot so it will continue to melt them so better to have them a little bigger and pull it off the heat). COOL.
- Whip the cream with the sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the marshmallow mix, then add in the whipped cream.
- Layer over oreo crust with quarters slices of bananas.
- Roughly break up the reserved row of Oreos and top the whole dessert with the broken pieces.
- Let it chill in the fridge for 1 hr or up to one day. The second day is our favourite to enjoy it.