Dec 13 , 2016
These yummy peanut butter brownies will satisfy your chocolate cravings!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 & 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup miniature peanut butter cups (or chopped peanut butter cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9″x 13″x 2″ pan with aluminium foil.
- Place butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 30-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate mixture and 2 & 1/2 cups sugar using an electric mixer at medium speed. Mix until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in peanut butter chips. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Combine peanut butter and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Drop peanut butter mixture by teaspoonfuls over brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl peanut butter mixture into brownie batter. Sprinkle top with peanut butter cups.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out still slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.