Dec 13 , 2016
Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Ganache – For all those peanut butter lovers out there!
- 1 ready-made graham cracker crust
For the filling:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
For the top:
- 1 cup milk chocolate (or semi-sweet) chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Prepare the filling. Cream together peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth and well blended. Add in powdered sugar and mix on low.
- Add in Cool Whip and beat on medium until fluffy, scraping downsides of the bowl as needed. Set filling aside.
- Make your ganache. Using 2 cups, microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips and cream together on high for about 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until chips are completely melted and chocolate is smooth. If necessary, microwave for another 10 seconds. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread all but 3-4 tablespoons of the ganache over the inside of the ready-made crust, making sure to go up the sides. Let the crust sit for about 5 minutes for the ganache to set up. Add peanut butter filling and spread evenly to fill the crust. Drizzle remaining ganache over the top of the pie.
- Refrigerate pie for at least 2 hours before serving.
- This pie can also be frozen. Let pie thaw for at least 2 hours before serving.