Dec 13 , 2016
Creamy cheesecake centre surrounded by luscious red velvet brownies. A Southern Bomb!!
Prep time: 3 hours
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 3 hours 20 mins
- 1 small cheesecake, baked and cooled (I used about a 6″ one I found at the store)
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- 1 pkg vanilla Candiquik
- Edible gold stars or sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. and liberally grease a 13×9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and oil until blended. Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and bake for approx. 15-17 minutes or until centre is set and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, while bars are baking + cooling, take a cookie dough scoop and carve out chunks of the cheesecake with it into Tablespoon-sized balls. Place the cheesecake balls on a foil-lined baking sheet and freeze them for about 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut your bars into approx. 1″ sized squares; discard the rough edges of the bars. Take a square in the palm of your hand and gently flatten it. Wrap the flattened red velvet square around the cheesecake ball to cover it. If it doesn’t cover it completely, no biggie–just try to wrap it around as much as you can.
- Freeze the wrapped bombs for about 15 minutes to harden. While firming up, melt your Candiquik according to package directions.
- Dip the bombs into the white chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; return to the foil-lined sheet. Sprinkle immediately with sprinkles or gold stars, if you’d like. Store airtight in the fridge or freezer.