Dec 13 , 2016
Chocolate Party Spoons – The kids will love this chocolate treat!
Yield: 24 chocolate spoons
- 6 oz. (180 g) quality chocolate (milk, dark, white–anything!), chopped
- sprinkles, jelly beans, confetti quins, small chocolate candies, or any other small confection
You Will Also Need:
- 24 coloured plastic spoons
- cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- some spatulas (or a book) for resting party spoons while filling
- Place your plastic spoons on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, resting the spoon handles on a rubber spatula or book, to level them out while filling.
- Temper your chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave (or in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water on the stove), by warming for 20-second intervals and stirring in between. When the chocolate is almost (80%) completely melted, remove from the microwave and keep stirring until the last few pieces are completely melted and the chocolate is smooth.
- Spoon melted chocolate into your plastic spoons, about 80% full (the sprinkles and candies will fill the rest)–any more than that, and they will likely overflow (trust me, it happened to me).
- Add your sprinkles, candies and more. Place cookie sheet in the freezer or refrigerator for about 20 minutes to set.