Dec 13 , 2016
These Chocolate Meringue Cookies are incredibly quick and easy to make. If you serve them at a dinner party (as Susan’s mom would), be prepared to hand over the recipe as there will be no shortage of requests!
Recipe type: DessertAuthor: From “Never in the Kitchen When Company Arrives” by Theresa Morse
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 32 mins
Serves: Makes about 18 cookiesIngredients:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6-ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat egg whites, slowly adding in sugar, until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Gently fold in melted, cooled chocolate, vanilla and nuts, and stir just until blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes in 350° oven.
- Cool for 2 minutes, then transfer to a platter
Enjoy your chocolate meringue cookies!