Dec 13 , 2016
THE PERFECT PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE – This recipe is virtually fool-proof! Makes perfect pizza dough every time!
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 5 cups flour, divided
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil (2 Tablespoons per pan)
- Mix warm water and yeast and let sit 5 minutes until yeast proofs.
- Add 2 ½ cups flour with proofed yeast and mix well in Kitchen Aid or with a dough hook.
- Add additional 2 ½ cups flour and salt, knead until smooth. Cover bowl with saran wrap. Let dough rest in a ball for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil onto a baking sheet or pizza pan and evenly coat bottom of a baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Remove dough from bowl and add more flour as needed (a little at a time) to alleviate the stickiness of the dough if needed. I add a few Tablespoons usually.
- Split the dough in half and roll each ball of dough very thin and place on greased pan.
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Now comes the fun part! Top your pizza dough however you would like. If you have a favourite pizza recipe or breadstick recipe, have at it! Be sure and leave a ¾-inch space on the edge for the crust.
- Bake each pizza separately at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes for pizza and 15 minutes for breadsticks or cinnamon sticks.