Melissa & Doug - Geometric Stacker- latest product from 4aKid
- June 05, 2020
- Lisa Goldberg
- Product Reviews
A classic mix 'n match sorting game for toddlers!
This toddler activity is a firm favourite for colour and shape recognition and for building essential skills. Match the different geometric shapes and slot them onto the three rods. You can choose to stack them on top of each other or line them up to compare shapes, sizes, and colours.
- Includes 25 colourful wooden pieces of rings, octagons, and rectangles
- Match and stack on three rods
- Great for building early shape, colour, and size differentiation skills
- Exceptional quality and value
- Approx. product dimensions: 11" x 3.5" x 8.5"
- Age 2 years+
Discover Countless Ways To Play
- Rainbow Review: Remove the stacking pieces from the rods and place them on a flat surface. Help kids name the colours of the pieces. When they are familiar with all the colours, have them to sort the pieces by colour and count the pieces in each group.
- Mix & Match: Mix all the pieces together. Have kids sort the pieces according to shape. Have them stack the pieces into three towers without using the rods, then knock down the towers! Have kids stack the pieces again, this time mixing pieces to make the tallest tower they can; increase the difficulty by challenging them to start with smaller pieces on the bottom.
- Top This: Remove all the pieces from the rods and mix them up. Choose a red "topper" piece and place it in front of one of the rods. Ask kids to find and stack the pieces that match the topper piece -- rings with the sphere, square pieces with the cube, octagonal pieces with the octagon. Finish with the topper piece. For an extra challenge for older kids, have them do this with their eyes closed, finding the correct pieces by touch alone!
See more: https://4akid.co.za/collections/latest-products-from-4akid