website add wishlist show wishlist add compare show compare preloader

No products in the cart

Free shipping over R500.00

Variant title
$9.99
 Children often have easy access to these devices and many parents/carers are unaware of the dangers as the products commonly come with the batteries already installed.

The risk of button batteries for children

 Children often have easy access to these devices and many parents/carers are unaware of the dangers as the products commonly come with the batteries already installed.

We use electronic devices every day without giving them a second thought. However, did you know that there is a hidden danger inside many of these devices that poses a serious risk for children? Powerful coin-sized button batteries are found in many common household devices. Children often have easy access to these devices and many parents/carers are unaware of the dangers as the products commonly come with the batteries already installed. If swallowed, button batteries can become stuck in a child’s throat and burn through the oesophagus in less than 2 hours.

Powerful coin-sized button batteries are found in many common household devices.

If swallowed, button batteries can become stuck in a child’s throat and burn through the oesophagus in less than 2 hours. This burning can lead to serious injury requiring surgery, or death.

In Australia, around 20 children a week present to an emergency department with a button battery related injury – that’s over 1,000 children every year. Children under the age of 5 years are at the greatest risk.

To prevent button battery related death and injury:

prevent button battery related death

If you think a child has swallowed or inserted a button battery, urgent action is needed. Don’t wait for them to show symptoms, call the Poisons Information Centre urgently for expert advice on what to do. 

Source: https://www.kidsafevic.com.au/

 

Join Our Newsletter

Leave a comment

Comments have to be approved before showing up