Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about buying online @4aKid
How do I order?
Orders are placed online https://www.4akid.co.za/shop. You click ADD TO BASKET for the items you want to purchase. TO finalize, go to VIEW CART or CHECK OUT. Payment is by credit card or EFT/Bank Deposit. Once payment reflects in our bank account, we will dispatch the order.
Do I need to register as a user to buy?
No, you can purchase as a guest on our website. However if you want to purchase frequently, it would be advised to register as your details are then saved for the checkout. You can register as a user online here: https://www.4akid.co.za/registration/
How do I log in as a user?
You can log in as a user here: https://www.4akid.co.za/my-account/
I forgot my password. What do I do?
If you have registered as a user and you have forgotten your password, you can reset it here: https://www.4akid.co.za/my-account/lost-password/
How is my order delivered to me?
We have partnered with top courier companies in South Africa to offer you the best deliver service possible.
What is the price for delivery?Courier for Gauteng (main areas) is R75, courier for all other main cities is R100 and for outlying/regional areas is R150. We also offer free shipping for orders in Gauteng over R500 and all other areas in South Africa over R1000. *** free shipping and courier rates are subject to change at any time
How do I pay for my order?Payment for online purchases are by the following methods:
- Payment by EFT or bank deposit. Goods will only be dispatched once payment reflects and is cleared on the bank account.
- Payment by credit card facilitated by SAGEPAY or PAYFAST. Secure payment by credit card – Visa and Mastercard only through Sagepay or Payfast who act as a gateway for the bank. All details given for the credit card transaction is strictly confidential and only submitted to the bank. 4aKid does not have access to these details.
How do I track my order?You can track your parcels here:
Your wish list/cart is just that. A wish list/cart does not secure your order or the products on the website. Please check availability of items in your wish list before you finalize your order as we cannot guarantee availability of the products.
Frequently Asked Questions about 4aKid Competitions
How do I enter the Face of 4aKid Baby Competition
To enter this photo baby competition, please send ONE recent picture to email@example.com with the child’s name, age and parent’s contact details. Ages is 0-8 years.
What can I win?
If your child wins the monthly Face of 4aKid competition, you can win a R500 voucher to spend on www.4akid.co.za/shop.
What are the rules of the competition?
- Only 1 picture per child will be able to enter per month and it must be emailed as a .jpg attachment.
- We will not accept any “nudie” or partial “nudie” shots. Children need to be fully clothed in the photo! Photo will be removed automatically with no further correspondence.
- We will not accept entries that have been edited, snap-chatted or photoshopped! Photo will be removed automatically with no further correspondence.
- A clear photo of the child’s face must be submitted.
- You may enter your child every month but will need to submit a new picture every new month.
- The winner may be subject to media marketing for 4aKid.
- The decision is final and NO correspondence will be entered into.
- No 4aKid employees or their families may enter the competition.
- This competition is suitable for ages 0-8 years old. Winners must be reside in Southern Africa and delivery costs are included in the voucher.
- The winning voucher can ONLY be used to purchase on www.4akid.co.za and is not transferable.
- To win, you have to be subscribed to our newsletter. Subscribe here: Newsletter
- The competition runs from from month to month.
- If you enter in the last 5 days of the month, your entry may go into the following month’s competition.
- This is NOT a voting competition. The final winner is chosen by a panel of judges.
- The 4aKid website is Google enabled for SEO so the picture of your child may appear on Google. If you do not agree with this, please do not submit an entry.
What other competitions is 4aKid running? You can view all other monthly competitions online here: https://www.4akid.co.za/category/competitions/. We also run competitions and giveaways on our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/4aKid/
Where is 4aKid situated?
4aKid is in Wendywood Sandton Johannesburg. The offices are open Monday to Friday for orders but we offer support by email or what’s app 7 days a week.
Who owns 4aKid?
4aKid is owned by Ally Cohen. The company was founded in 2007.
Frequently Asked Questions About Becoming a 4aKid Agent
How do I become a 4aKid agent?
Delivery of your order
What are my delivery options and how much does it cost?
- Courier (door-to-door delivery): Selecting this option means that your parcel will be delivered to your door, limited to South African MAIN CITIES ONLY. You must supply a full physical address where someone will be available to receive your parcel. Delivery can take 2 – 5 working days from date of dispatch and is only valid for South Africa main cities. Courier for Johannesburg and Pretoria is R75. Courier for all other main cities is R100. Courier for all other areas in South Africa, regional and outlying is R150. You can also contact us prior to your purchase for a courier quote to your receiving address.
- International postage: this can take 6-12 weeks to get to the destination and a tracking number is provided. The cost is R350 OR starting from R750 with DHL courier.
- Collection from 4aKid Offices: You can collect from 4aKid offices in Wendywood Sandton Johannesburg Gauteng. The address will be provided on completion of the order if this method is chosen. Orders to be collected must be paid for either prior to collection or on collection, by either credit card or cash. Cheques are NOT permissible. We will not hold stocks for more than a few days if not collected. We are open Monday to Friday for collections. The offices are closed on weekends and public holidays.
- PARGO – You’ll never have to wait at home all day for your parcel or miss a delivery again. Pargo delivers your parcels to a store near you. Choose your preferred Pargo parcel point when checking out and delivery will be done to your chosen Pargo parcel point. You will receive sms or email notification when your parcel arrives at the Pargo parcel point.
We do offer free shipping for order over R500 in Gauteng South Africa or over R1000 for other areas in South Africa. You can also opt to collect from our offices during working hours Monday to Friday in Wendywood Sandton Johannesburg in Gauteng South Africa. *** Main centres include properties within a 50km radius of the major cities in South Africa. If you are not in a main centre, it may take a few days longer. We do not deliver by courier to plots, farms, mines, military bases, major chain stores, power stations, game reserves and lodges, airports or harbours, and should your delivery address fall into one of these categories you will be liable for the extra costs incurred in delivering or returning the parcel. When do I get my order? Courier Delivery Gauteng: 2-3 working days Main Cites: 3-5 working days Regional Area: 3-7 working day *** Free delivery options are subject to change at any time.
Terms & Conditions for delivery
- For A Kid assumes no liability for orders shipped to incomplete or incorrect shipping addresses supplied by the customer. Any additional fees for such orders will be the responsibility of the customer.
- Parcels will only be dispatched once payment reflects and has cleared in the bank account if paying by EFT or bank deposit.
- For A Kid cannot be held liable for missing or damaged parcel in transit, or any delays caused by the post office or the couriers or any 3rd party. Any post office delivery is at YOUR risk.
- If a package is refused upon delivery, the customer will be responsible for all shipping charges incurred for the return of the item. Charges will be applied to any refund due to refusal. This policy does not apply to any merchandise that is received defective or damaged.
- All orders will only be dispatched once payment reflects in our bank account. Dispatch of parcels will be within 2-3 working days of receipt and clearance of payment. Products that are imported from international suppliers could take up to 6 weeks to be delivered. We will notify you on your purchase if stocks are sold out and will be shipped as soon as they become available.
Returns & Exchanges
4aKid wants you to be happy with your purchase from us. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair/replace it, or issue a voucher depending on the reason for the return of the item.
Once you receive your order, you have 7 days to return it for exchange, credit or refund depending on the circumstances of the return. Kindly note the following:
- The actual product needs to be received back at 4aKid in the original condition (unless it has been received damaged, faulty or incorrect).
- If the product's outer packaging is unsealed, we may charge you a 15% handling fee.
- Please include your order number and contact details inside the returned parcel
- All games, electronics, baby items, toys, health or beauty products need to be returned unopened/unsealed.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return or exchange:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges, water damage or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations or changes to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you
If you return a faulty or unwanted product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return.
Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery, please notify us within 24 hours.
- Personally inspect packaging and note any damage on the receiving ticket before signing for it. If you have not opened the packages please write the words “unchecked” next to your name.
- Please report any shortages or damages within 24 hours from the date of receiving your merchandise in writing via e-mail or fax. Please explain the problem or defect and include any photographs if possible so that we may best assist you. It may be that only a replacement part is required instead of shipping the complete product back to us, which will be issued at our own discretion.
- All merchandise is inspected before despatch and, should it be returned, will be inspected upon arrival at our end. Any returned items must be in the original condition with packaging and literature intact or in suitable similar packaging. Please enclose a copy of the original invoice and a letter stating the reason for return. Please e-mail us first to advise us about the defect, should you wish to return goods with defects or that have been damaged in transit. Please do not write on the box or deface the product packaging.
- If it is subsequently found that the returned merchandise is not defective or damaged, the customer will be liable for all shipping costs.
- There is a 3 month swap-out warrantee on electronic goods like the pool alarms or child locators, for mechanical or electronic failure. For A Kid will not swap out products that have been tampered with or abused.
- For a Kid will not be held liable to replace dead batteries in products and the onus is on the client to replace batteries regularly on the electronic products. Exchanges will not made for products with dead batteries.
- All guarantees are immediately null and void should any equipment or product be tampered with or should the seals on it be broken by anyone, or should there be any signs of abuse, or should the goods be operated outside the Manufacturers specifications.
- If an order is cancelled which was by credit card or Paypal, 4aKid reserves the rights to charge the 5% banking fee and deduct this off the refund to the client.