Oct 22 , 2019
No need to ever buy store-bought play doh after you try our homemade playdough recipe! This easy playdough recipe takes 5 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to make. And the playdough will last for months! It’s super soft, stretchy and non-toxic for kids. With just a few ingredients your kids will love playing with this playdough.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- food coloring
In a large bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, salt, cream of tartar) and mix well.
- Mix food coloring with your water first. Then add the vegetable oil and water with food coloring to a large pot. Mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to your pot and mix well.
- Cook over low to medium heat until the dough starts to form and becomes dry.
- Once it starts to form a ball together and looks fully cooked, take off the heat. Let the dough cool first before touching.
- Once cool, knead the dough for 5 minutes to make the dough soft.
If your dough is not soft, continue kneading for another 5 minutes. If you find it is still too dry add a little bit more oil and knead in.
View the video here: https://www.thebestideasforkids.com/playdough-recipe/