Oct 16 , 2017
There is nothing like not sleeping to make us appreciate how much we all value a good night’s sleep!
The truth is that there are many of us out there ranging in age from children to adults to the elderly who battle to get a good night’s sleep – and in most cases, the problem is a lack of good sleep routines!
We’ve sourced 27 resources that will help you cover all your bases – from sleep routines and training to bedroom moods and sleep foods we cover all ages and angles and also include a superb tool to help you assess if your situation calls for medical advice.
Since the smallest members of our households are frequently where our sleepless nights begin… we’ll start with them.
BABY AND TODDLER SLEEP TIPS
- Tired of being tired? Are you battling with a lack of routine and sleep? Jacqui Flint from Baby Love has been consulting with tired and desperate parents since 2004 and she looks forward to introducing you to the wonderful benefits of Baby Love and well-rested nights. Read more.
This recent Living and Loving article is worth a read – 6 tried-and-tested toddler sleep tips from an expert in the know. Getting your toddler to bed, and keeping him there, can prove to be quite a challenge. Sleep therapist and founder of Good Night Baby, Petro Thamm offers some advice.
No idea where to start with a routine for your little ones – Kathrine Wellman shares a few bedtime routines your toddler will love. Read more.
If you’re battling with toddler stalling, you’ll want to read this article! Shaney Vijendranath shares five gentle techniques that can help ease your toddler into bedtime without and an epic battle of wills. Read more.
PLEASE READ: POSSIBLE WARNING SIGNS OF SLEEP PROBLEMS THAT MAY REQUIRE MEDICAL CARE.
This excellent article By Rob Henst and Paula Pienaar – Sleep Scientists from SSISA Sleep Science, in collaboration with MySleep gives guidelines on how to recognize sleep problems in children with a helpful tool. They also list some of the most common medical conditions in children and adults that may explain some of these sleep problems. Read more.
Here’s an excellent idea – an extra pair of hands in the house to ensure a peaceful night’s sleep. Au Pairs Exclusive offer guidelines as to whether a Night Nanny or a Night Nurse would be best for your family. Read more.
SLEEP IS JUST AS IMPORTANT FOR OLDER CHILDREN AND TEENS!
- If you are wondering why sleep is important for school-age children -here’s a great read with some excellent resource links within the article too! Read more.
HEALTHY BEDTIME HABITS FOR MOM AND DAD
- It is estimated that there are millions of people who don’t get a good night’s sleep or suffer from disturbed sleep. So, what can you do to help you sleep better? Here are some tips.
- There’s a little more to a good night’s sleep than simply thinking positive to go deep into a relaxing slumber. Choosing to control your conscious thoughts, habits, and environment can create many benefits to help you sleep better. Here are 10 ways to have a peaceful night’s sleep, regardless of how stressed you may be. Read more.
WE LOVE THESE PRODUCTS
Natural herbal and homeopathic remedies to help children sleep can be the answer, along with healthy, consistent sleep routines. Developed by Clinical Psychologist, Sleepy Sprinkles and DuduDrops are natural remedies for babies & children to help them fall asleep and stay asleep, establishing healthy sleep patterns naturally, without unwanted side effects.
TIP! CHOOSE HEALTHY FOOD AND DRINKS WITH SLEEP INDUCING INGREDIENTS
- If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding some of these sleep-enhancing foods to your diet. Studies have shown tart cherry juice and jasmine rice, and the nutrients in fish, yoghurt, whole grains, kale, bananas, chickpeas and fortified cereals to lead to a more restful night’s sleep. Enjoy our healthy recipes for some of these sleep-enhancing foods for a delicious meal that might help you sleep more soundly. FIND RECIPES HERE!
- When we think of a smoothie, we might immediately see it as a breakfast choice – what a healthy way to start the day. But tweaking your smoothie recipe – adding kale, bananas or yoghurt – transforms the almighty breakfast smoothie into a sweet dreams smoothie. HERE are 3 great smoothie recipes!
- Whether it’s mounting work stress, the Gupta leaks saga, social media or general insomnia – which affects as many as 40% of adults at some stage in their lives – that’s keeping you awake, home-grown rooibos could just be the natural antidote to cure our nation’s sleep crisis. Read more.
WE LOVE THESE SOOTHING TEAS
The post Green Family Guide To Good Sleep Routines! (For The Whole Family) appeared on 4aKid.
4aKid - Child Safety First