How to Make a Raspberry and Chocolate Crepe Stack
- February 09, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
A scrumptious dessert for all those sweet tooth fans out there!
Recipe by Jenny Morris
- 2 large eggs – beaten
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 3 Tbs melted butter
- 1 cup SASKO Cake Wheat Flour sifted
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup soda water
- 225 g 70% dark chocolate
- 1 cup full fat cream
- Chop chocolate finely
- 500g raspberries
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Honey for drizzling
- A few pretty edible flowers to garnish
Making the Crepes:
- In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, eggs, combine and then add the milk and whisk together.
- In another bowl, sift in the SASKO Cake Wheat Flour, salt and mix together. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk in the wet ingredients until the mixture is smooth and all the ingredients are incorporated, don’t over mix, stir in the soda water.
- Cover the batter with plastic and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat your pan and add a little olive oil to coat, pour a small ladle full of batter into the centre of the pan and swirl till it covers the pan, cook for about 30 seconds or so and then flip over and continue to cook the other side.
- Keep them warm and stack them between sheets of parchment paper to keep them separate.
- Continue until all batter is gone.
Making the Chocolate Sauce:
- Chop chocolate finely.
- Place in a medium-sized heatproof bowl.
- Heat cream gently in a small saucepan until it almost comes to a boil, remove from the heat and pour over chocolate and stir until chocolate melts and the mixture is nice and smooth.
- Let cool slightly before assembly your crepe stack.
- Place a crêpe onto a serving plate, layer on some raspberries and chocolate sauce, another crêpe, some more raspberries and chocolate sauce, continue till you reach the last layer.
- Top with more raspberries, drizzle over the chocolate sauce and a little honey to sweeten things up, dust with a little icing sugar and garnish with flowers.
Absolutely delish! Perfect for all those Hershey lovers out there.
Feeling like something savoury? Why not tangle your tastebuds with this Mmmnandi Mfino and Smoked Salmon Quiche.
This is a super popular Southeast Asian dessert that is thoroughly enjoyed all over the world today. That’s how you SPREAD THE LOVE! Soft, sweet sticky rice smothered with creamy sweet coconut sauce, then paired with sweet, juicy fresh mangos.
Are you looking for low carb peanut butter recipes to add to your collection of keto recipes? If so, you are going to love this no-bake low carb cheesecake.