Avocado Pancakes - 4aKid Blog
- January 22, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
- 4aKid Blog
Latest Blog from 4aKid
If you love avocados, or even if you just love their beautiful green color, these soft, vibrant pancakes will be your new love at the breakfast table. Top 'em with blueberries, bananas, or chocolate chips, or, eat them plain if that's your thing—it's good any which way!
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 35 MINS
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Butter, for pan and for serving
- 1/2 cups blueberries, plus more for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado and lime juice with a fork until smooth. Whisk in honey, lime zest, and buttermilk. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk until fully combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until just combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt a thin pat of butter to coat the bottom of the skillet. Ladle ¼ cup pancake batter into skillet, then use the bottom of the measuring cup to smooth batter into a 4 ½"-wide pancake. Top with a few blueberries if desired, then cook until bubbles start to form in batter and pancake is golden underneath, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden, 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with butter, maple syrup, and more blueberries.