Jan 26 , 2020
Latest Blog from 4aKid Recipes
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm whole milk (110° to 115°)
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup grape or strawberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 to 8 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add 1 cup flour; mix well. Let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolks, sugar and salt; mix well. Beat in butter and remaining flour. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 35 minutes.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Fry doughnuts, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Cool for 2-3 minutes; cut a small slit with a sharp knife on one side of each doughnut. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry bag; insert a very small round tip. Fill bag with jelly. Fill each doughnut with about 1 teaspoon jelly.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until smooth. Gradually be in enough whipping cream to reach desired glaze consistency. Dip doughnuts in frosting.