Aug 17 , 2019
Did you have a pet rock as a kid? Kids will love to pick out their pet cactus rock for this easy craft project!
Here’s what you need to make these Cactus Rocks
- Rocks – choose them based on the size of your terra cotta pot. A flat surface area is needed for the googly eyes.
- Googly eyes
- Outdoor acrylic paint – green, white & bright green
- Mini Terra Cotta Pots
- Hot glue (adults only) or Glue dots for kids
If you’re choosing smaller rocks, you’ll need a small pot and for bigger rocks, you can go larger. We like how having a variety of sizes looks together to form a rock family.
Directions on how to make these adorable Pet Cactus rocks.
1. First, select your rocks. As mentioned above, you want to look for rocks that are flat on one side so the eyes will go on smoothly. You can even see if you can find some extra details that may give the rock a mouth.
2. Clean your rocks before painting.
3. Paint with outdoor paint if you want to place outside. Otherwise, regular acrylic paint works well. We did 2 coats of the lighter green to ensure we got complete coverage.
Once you have the green painted, use the white to create different cactus designs!