The Best Playdough Recipe
- July 20, 2019
- Ally Cohen
- DIY for kids
The Best Playdough Recipe
HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH RECIPE:
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 2 Tbsp of Oil (any oil will do, coconut oil, vegetable oil, even olive oil)
- 1/2 Cup of Salt
- 2 Tbsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
The secret to brilliant colors in your playdough is using gel food coloring. Gel food coloring is definitely the best dye for homemade playdough.
HOW TO MAKE PLAYDOUGH:
- Pour 2 cups of flour into a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of salt.
- Mix in 2 tbsp Cream of Tartar. (You can find this in the spice section of just about any grocery store.)
- Add 2 tbsp of oil. For this recipe I used vegetable oil, but you can use any oil, and as long as it’s a kitchen oil, your playdough will be non-toxic and safe if a little one takes a tiny taste. The sodium level is very high, so we don’t encourage this to double as a snack.
- Pour in the boiling water. Be VERY careful because this makes the dough HOT!
- Mix all the ingredients together until they form the dough. At this point, if you don’t want to add any food dye to your playdough, you’re finished!
- After it’s cooled, to make several different colors of playdough, separate the dough into equal parts and roll it up into balls.
- Now, punch out the middle of the ball to leave a little bowl for you to pour your gel food dye into.
- Drip your gel dye into the bowls. This is a great time to mix dye colors if you want to make another color.
- Knead the dough until the dye is thoroughly mixed. This is VERY messy! If you don’t want to stain your hands, use gloves, and make sure to put something down so you don’t stain your counter.
Bunny crafts made with pipe cleaners and wooden beads are so easy to make that you don’t even need glue!
Learn how to make your own Bath Bombs. How To Make DIY Bath Bombs Recipe Whilst the quantities on this Swanson infographic vary slightly from the video, the ingredients are the same. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and then gradually add wet ingredients, stirring with a whisk, until thoroughly mixed. When the mixture is wet [...]
The whole family can get behind these easy and fun DIY 48 Adorable Easter Crafts for kids! There's nothing like a crafting afternoon with your little ones to make memories as well as establish family traditions. Kick off the festivities this spring with these easy Easter crafts for kids. These DIY ideas for Easter are inexpensive and fun—plus, the finished [...]
We at 4AKID know night lights are both practical and a great comfort to children of all ages and that they can introduce better sleeping habits for children.
Share your great tips for moms & dads with 4akid fans. Tips can be anything from parenting advise, weight loss, cooking, cleaning, housework, career, schooling, recycling as well as DIY . The best tips will be posted on 4aKid the blog!
Kids love nature and enjoy creating artistic representations of animal life. Take a look at these homemade animal themed toilet paper roll crafts. They are cool, fun and could be a great project to do with the kids.
Lots of childhood memories get blurred as kids grow into adulthood. Lots of specifics regarding places you went or things you did as a family might get fuzzy. But there are some things your child will never forget, and will always be grateful for.
Who knew that making such beautiful, tasty, sugary Rock Candy at home would be so easy and FUN! It also doubles as a bit of a Science Experiment too!