20 Mistakes Parents Make to Ruin Their Baby’s Sleep
- January 27, 2020
- Ally Cohen
- Parenting Advice
Baby Sleep Problems? 20 Mistakes Parents Make to Ruin Their Baby’s Sleep
Having baby sleep problems? Are you making one of these 20 mistakes that many parents do that can actually ruin their baby’s sleep?
It’s all too easy to make a parenting mistake. We all do it day after day, but that doesn’t mean we can’t educate ourselves to prevent future mistakes. If your little one doesn’t always “sleep like a baby,” you may need to learn from 20 sleepy-time mistakes that other parents make unknowingly.
1. Waiting too long to put the baby down for a nap.
2. Underestimating the power of a bedtime routine.
3. Skipping the bedtime routine
4. Letting the baby rely on one parent or caregiver.
5. Responding to EVERY little sound or stirring.
6. Trying to get the baby on a schedule while the rest of the household follows a different tune.
7. Co-sleeping out of exhaustion rather than a mindful decision to do so.
8. Allowing too much daytime sleep due to unstructured schedules.
9. Not working hard enough to entertain the baby during wakeful hours.
10. Not letting baby learn to self-soothe.
11. Allowing conflicting sleep schedules when traveling between two homes.
12. Not addressing the baby’s discomfort right away.
13. Not coordinating meal times and bed times.
14. Assuming that late nights will equal late mornings.
15. Not understanding how much sleep a baby actually needs at each age.
16. Blocking out the sunlight or noise.
17. Giving up before the baby has time to adjust to new routines or expectations.
18. Switching from the crib to the daybed or toddler bed too early.
19. Bringing in the toddler bed without warning.
20. Listening to others rather than YOUR intuition, common sense and reputable sources.
READ the full article here: https://breastfeeding-magazine.com
We live in an increasingly stressful world, which is why it has never been more important to foster emotional and mental resiliency in our children. Mentally strong kids better prepared to tackle future problems more likely to be engaged in school and in their future jobs. Here are some tips to help build our children's mental strength.
Baby monitor hackers are leaving parents increasingly concerned that footage of their sleeping children will fall into the wrong hands. While rare, baby monitor hacking does happen.
A screen-free vacation lends itself to bonding, skill-building, and creativity.