Banana Caramel Tart recipe
- August 11, 2020
- Ally Cohen
Recipe for super-simple banana caramel fridge tart – perfect for Sunday lunch.
- 1 1/2 Packets of tennis biscuits
- 200g margarine
- 1 tin of Caramel
- 2 – 3 bananas
- 250ml Cream
- 1 Flake
- Crush Tennis biscuits very finely.
- Melt margarine in a small or medium pot.
- Once the margarine is melted, remove off heat and add the crushed biscuits.
- Mix until crushed biscuits are coated.
- Line your 12-count standard size muffin tin with tin foil or use tin foil tart trays;
- layer your biscuit mixture (about 3mm thin) along the bottom and sides of your tins.
- Put in the fridge to cool down and for the crust to set. (15 – 20 minutes)
- Once the crust has cooled down and set, take it out of the fridge.
- First, open your caramel tin, give it a mix and then add an even layer first (around 2cm).
- Slice your bananas (quarter each slice if you are using a muffin tin).
- Add a single even layer of banana on top of the caramel layer.
- Whip up the cream to a stiff peak stage (be careful not to overbeat).
- Finish your tart with a layer of whipped cream on the top and crumble chocolate flake.
- Leave in the fridge for another 15 – 20 minutes for the tart to set.
Planning a week's worth of family meals on a budget in South Africa may seem daunting at first, but with the right strategies and resources, it becomes an attainable goal.