Chocolate Banana Bread
- November 10, 2023
- Ally Cohen
There’s nothing like the sweet combination of chocolate and banana in a soft and moist bread.
This chocolate banana bread recipe is easy to make and will leave you with a delicious dessert or breakfast treat. The chocolate chips add an extra burst of flavor to this classic recipe, and the bananas make the bread incredibly moist. You won't believe how easy it is to make, and how delicious it tastes!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the banana mixture, and mix until fully combined.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Preparation time for this recipe is approximately 15-20 minutes, with an additional baking time of 55-60 minutes.
This recipe makes 1 loaf of chocolate banana bread, which serves approximately 8-10 people.
Can I use ripe bananas for this recipe?
Yes, ripe bananas are perfect for this recipe as they are sweeter and easier to mash.
Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate chips or chopped chocolate that you prefer.
Can I freeze this chocolate banana bread?
Yes, you can freeze this bread for up to 3 months. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can substitute the butter and eggs with vegan alternatives, such as coconut oil and flax eggs.
Can I add nuts to this recipe?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans for an extra crunch.
This chocolate banana bread recipe is perfect for those who love the combination of chocolate and banana. It’s easy to make, incredibly moist, and packed with chocolate chips. The recipe is also versatile, allowing for substitutions and additions to make it your own. Serve it for breakfast, dessert, or as a snack – this bread is sure to be a hit with everyone!
Planning a week's worth of family meals on a budget in South Africa may seem daunting at first, but with the right strategies and resources, it becomes an attainable goal.