Jan 14 , 2019
FERRERO ROCHER CAKE
- 6 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1 & 3/4 cups ground Hazelnuts (Be careful not to cream it if using blender)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 XL Eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
FOR THE CREAM:
- 200 grams Butter at room temperature
- 1 one/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 10 Ferrero Rocher Candies
- 1 cup Crushed Wafers
- 7 tablespoons Nutella
FOR DECORATING THE CAKE
- 1/2 cups Hazelnuts, chopped
1. Whisk eggs with sugar till it is light and fluffy.
2. Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder
3. Mix in with ground ingredients
4. Using a spatula, fold in dry ingredients by thirds. Do not over mix.
5. Butter a baking dish.
6. Pour batter into the dish.
Bake at 350F for forty minutes.
TO PREPARE THE CREAM
Dissolve chocolate in microwave. Let it cool.
Combine chocolate with butter and Nutella.
Whisk cream and add to mixture.
TO ASSEMBLE THE CAKE
Slice the cooled cake into 2 or 3 layers.(TIP- Use a cotton thread to pull and cut through the cake)
Spread cream over every layer equally, sprinkle crushed wafers over the cream.
Slice ferrero rocher candy in half and place around the cake.
Decorate with crushed hazelnuts