Apr 08 , 2020
Hot cross buns this Easter with a sweet twist!
Recipe by Josh Wiid
- 6 Chocolate Hot Cross Buns, sliced open
- 250ml Coffee, black
- 400ml Clover Classic Custard
- 500ml Clover Fresh Cream
- 125ml Chocolate Sauce
- 6 Plain Hot Cross Buns, sliced open
- 125ml Caramel Sauce
- Speckled eggs, mini marshmallows and whispers to decorate
- Arrange the top halves of the chocolate buns around the outside of the trifle dish, facing outwards.
- Chop the remaining bases into cubes and fill the gap at the base of the dish.
- Pour half of the coffee over the buns. Whisk Clover Classic Custard and Clover Cream together until soft peaks begin to form.
- Pour half the mix over the chocolate buns.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the whipped cream mixture.
- Repeat the bun process with the plain hot cross buns.
- Pour the remaining custard mix over the plain buns, then decorate with mini eggs, marshmallows and whispers.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.