Apr 07 , 2020
Peppermint Crisp Tart is a real South African favourite. It’s made by layering coconut biscuits, caramel, whipped cream and peppermint crisp chocolate.
- 2l vanilla ice cream
- 360g tin Caramel Treat
- 200g Tennis Biscuits
- 150g Peppermint Crisp
- Allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for 10-20 minutes or until it is spreadable. Spread it roughly into a rectangular tin, about 20cm x 30cm. Leave a few gaps for the caramel.
- Give the Caramel Treat a good stir until it is smooth. Dollop spoonfuls over the ice cream, and swirl together to create a marbled effect.
- Spread the top until it’s smooth, then freeze for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Chop the Peppermint Crisp into small pieces and set aside.
- Using a Tennis Biscuit as a guide, cut squares of the ice cream mixture out and sandwich together with a Tennis Biscuit on each side.
- Roll the ice cream sandwich into the chopped Peppermint Crisp, coating all the edges.
- Freeze in an airtight container until ready to serve.