Soft Milk Bread Recipe
- August 31, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
Make your own delicious Soft Milk Bread with this recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1.5 tsp. Salt (1 1/2)
- 2 tsp. Organic Dry milk Powder
- 1 Tbs. Dry yeast + 5 Tbs. warm Milk
- 1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 oz Whipping cream
- 2 oz Milk
- 1 cup tang-zhong (flour+water roux)/enough for two loaves
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 1/3 cup bread flour
- 1 cup water
- Preheat the oven on 180C.
- First, make “tangzhong” or flour+water roux. In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup of warm water, and turn the heat on medium-low.
- Add Flour to the water and stir, let it heat through; stir until it becomes smooth texture, try not to burn. Mash any lumps of flour
- Suggestion* Once it starts to get thicker, turn off the heat and stir on the hot surface until you reach a nice thick consistency. Set aside!
- Next, you will put together and mix all dry ingredients in the large bowl, except yeast. Put yeast in glass or cup with warm milk and sprinkle of sugar, let the yeast get activated (let it sit for 3-5 minutes). If it’s still active, it will start to bubble and rise.
- Add activated yeast and roux to the dry ingredients; mix together all wet ingredients as well as eggs, and start mixing with a wooden spoon until slightly combined. It will be sticky.
- Toss a handful of flour on the Kitchen Counter/working surface and knead until it looks like a ball.
- Put it back in the bowl, brush the dough with oil, cover the bowl with the plastic wrap and place in a warm area, HINT* turned off oven or microwave is a perfect place to keep your dough until it raises because there no cold airflow.
- Let the dough rise for full 45 minutes, then take it out of the bowl and place onto a flour-dusted cutting board, cut into 4 or more balls, depending on how big is your baking pan.
- Once all the rolls are done, and in the baking pan, take an egg or butter and brush it on the top, let it rise until almost double in size.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until it is golden brown, and when you pick up the pan it’s not as heavy.
- Take it out of the baking pan, and wrap the bread with clean kitchen cloth/towel, and do not cut until it cools for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.
Overnight oats are a quick, healthy and most importantly delicious way to ensure that you have breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up
Absolutely delish! Perfect for all those Hershey lovers out there.
Feeling like something savoury? Why not tangle your tastebuds with this Mmmnandi Mfino and Smoked Salmon Quiche.
This is a super popular Southeast Asian dessert that is thoroughly enjoyed all over the world today. That’s how you SPREAD THE LOVE! Soft, sweet sticky rice smothered with creamy sweet coconut sauce, then paired with sweet, juicy fresh mangos.