Dec 13 , 2016
Pregnancy is a miracle. You are growing a life, a baby inside your body. Here are some amazing facts about pregnancy:
- Your uterus expands up to 500 times it’s normal size to accommodate a growing baby.
- Your tummy develops a line called linea nigra which caused by higher melatonin levels.
- Your heart grows and beats at a more rapid pace due to increased volume of blood in your body.
- Your joints soften to prepare your body for birth and help your baby pass through your pelvis during labour.
- Your hair gets thicker and fuller due to elevated levels of estrogen during pregnancy.
- Your feet can grow up to one size bigger during pregnancy.
- Your sense of smell gets stronger during pregnancy and you are more sensitive to odours.
- Your teeth need extra care so make sure your diet is rich in calcium.
- You can crave odd things in your pregnancy like ice or cucumbers but sometimes cravings mean a lack of a certain nutrient.
- During pregnancy, your baby gets the nutrients before you do so make you sure you stay healthy and eat well.