Amazing Facts About Pregnancy
- December 13, 2016
- Ally Cohen
- Parenting Advice
Some amazing facts about pregnancy.
Pregnancy is a miracle. You are growing a life, a baby inside your body. Here are some amazing facts about pregnancy:
- Your uterus expands up to 500 times it’s normal size to accommodate a growing baby.
- Your tummy develops a line called linea nigra which caused by higher melatonin levels.
- Your heart grows and beats at a more rapid pace due to increased volume of blood in your body.
- Your joints soften to prepare your body for birth and help your baby pass through your pelvis during labour.
- Your hair gets thicker and fuller due to elevated levels of estrogen during pregnancy.
- Your feet can grow up to one size bigger during pregnancy.
- Your sense of smell gets stronger during pregnancy and you are more sensitive to odours.
- Your teeth need extra care so make sure your diet is rich in calcium.
- You can crave odd things in your pregnancy like ice or cucumbers but sometimes cravings mean a lack of a certain nutrient.
- During pregnancy, your baby gets the nutrients before you do so make you sure you stay healthy and eat well.
Weng Chen’s accurate illustrations show that raising children is both really hard and really fun. She based most of her pictures on her own parenting experience. Even though having children brings a lot of happiness, it can also cause a little pain.
Illustrator Blue Lan Shengjie who recently became a dad found new inspiration for his work. Ever since his son was born, he started a new illustration series about being a single dad and his everyday life with his little one. He shares the experiences, challenges, and blessings that come with fatherhood.
We live in an increasingly stressful world, which is why it has never been more important to foster emotional and mental resiliency in our children. Mentally strong kids better prepared to tackle future problems more likely to be engaged in school and in their future jobs. Here are some tips to help build our children's mental strength.
Baby monitor hackers are leaving parents increasingly concerned that footage of their sleeping children will fall into the wrong hands. While rare, baby monitor hacking does happen.