Nov 28 , 2020
A baked fish in a lemon cream sauce, all made in ONE PAN! Just throw it all in one pan, bake it, and you will end up with tender juicy fish in a creamy lemon sauce. A really fantastic way to make baked fish – it’s so, so good!
Total: 15 mins
- 4 x 150- 180g / 5 - 6 oz fish fillets , about 1.5cm / 1/2" thick, skinless and boneless (Note 1)
- 50g / 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cream, heavy / thickened (See Note 2 for sub options)
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped eschallots , white part only (Note 3)
- Fresh parsley and lemon slices , to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F (all oven types).
Place fish in a baking dish - ensure the fish isn't crammed in too snugly. See video or photos in post. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
Place butter, cream, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a microwave proof jug or bowl. Microwave in 2 x 30 sec bursts, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
Sprinkle fish with shallots, then pour over sauce.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until fish is just cooked. Remove from oven and transfer fish to serving plates. Spoon over sauce, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if using.